You already have a certain amount of experience of ice climbing and mountaineering in general: accompanied by a mountain guide, from now on you want is to take advantage of professional advice, learn the best techniques in complete safety and become a lead climber!
The Morzine-Avoriaz Mountain Guides’ Office proposes advanced training sessions on icefalls, with steeper and longer pitches than those for beginners. You could also try mixed climbing (ice and rock), or why not discover “dry tooling”: climbing on dry rocks with ice axes and crampons!
Advanced climbing spots
- Montriond : Gorge des Albertans, 200 m, WI3+
- Bellevaux : cascade du Chatelard, 120 m, WI3+
- Sixt : le Vivier, 200 m, WI3+
- Montriond : cascade du Nant de la Lapiaz, 250 m, WI4+
- Montriond : petit Papa Noël, 200 m, WI4+
- Bellevaux : cascade du Roc d’Enfer, 200 m, WI5+
- Sixt : cascade de Sales, entre 120 m et 250 m, from WI3+ to WI5+
- Montriond : la Dame du Lac, 120 m, WI6+